Neither Eric or I are big on spending change. Never have been. Just don't like lugging it around, and taking the time to find the correct change. Call us lazy. When we pay cash, we give dollar bills - and inevitably get change back, which then goes into one of many collection sites. For the longest time, we saw it piling up, but didn't know what we wanted to do with it, so we just let it grow. Well, last week when we decided to finally get a new computer, we thought we'd use the change to off-set the price of the laptop. When we gathered it all together, it ended up filling 2 beer pitchers, a shoe-box sized Tupperware container and a cookie tin (I wish I would have taken a picture). It really didn't seem like that much... I was thinking it would be around $200-something, Eric thought closer to $500. Well, I lugged it all into US Bank, and, to make a long story short, I walked out of there with
$644.52!!!
Unbelievable!! So, needless to say, I already set one of the pitchers back in the entryway to begin the next collection. Maybe if we wait long enough, we'll be able to use it for the kids' college tuition!!
Unbelievable!! So, needless to say, I already set one of the pitchers back in the entryway to begin the next collection. Maybe if we wait long enough, we'll be able to use it for the kids' college tuition!!


No comments:
Post a Comment