When did my 2-year-old turn into .... a 2-year-old?!?!?
My sweet little Gavy is starting to get more head-strong and independent every day. Up until just a couple weeks ago, the words that I'd use to describe him were easy-going, sweet, happy, even-tempered... but that all changed when I was screamed at for 45 minutes straight this morning! I'm hoping it was an isolated event. It started when I took his jammie pants off - something that he apparently wanted to do on his own. Then he wanted to feed baby - I let him try it, she wasn't interested, so he cried. Then he wanted to put his own pants on - something that he hasn't been able to do fully on his own yet. I let him try. He couldn't, so he cried. Same thing with the socks. And again with the shoes. We were finally able to get the pants and socks on "together" but when it came time to the shoes, he was adamant. He almost had one on, but the tongue got smashed down too far that his foot wouldn't go in any further. By this time he was flailing on the floor. And, of course, we were 30 minute late leaving the house. So I finally had to drag him, kicking and screaming, shoeless, out the door. After taking his socks off in the car, he screamed "Open door! Gavin walk!" the entire ride to Greta's. By the time we got there, he had started to calm down a little, and I was eventually able to walk out the door, happy to go to work (for once)!! :)
Oh, and throughout the whole ordeal, Hallie was smiling and giggling, completely oblivious to her big bro's antics. Remind me to never let her turn two!
And if you see my sweet, easy-going, even-tempered little boy anywhere, please tell him his mommy misses him!!
No comments:
Post a Comment