Wednesday, September 17, 2008

B-A-N-A-N-A-S

Gwen Stefani should've been over the other night when Hallie moved beyond
rice cereal, into the wonderful world of Gerber... she could've sung a
cleaned-up version of her catchy tune "Hollaback Girl" -

"This food is
bananas - B-A-N-A-N-A-S!"

Hallie and I had both grown tired of the rice cereal after a week or so, so
I thought we'd dive right into the "food" that Gavy liked best his first
year of life - B-A-N-A-N-A-S (I can't say the word in my head without
singing it!!)! ;) It was funny to watch the look on her face when she
realized that it wasn't the same old bland rice cereal, and then when she
realized she really did like the bananas, she just couldn't get enough of
them! Between her and Gavin, they finished the entire jar in one sitting
(of course big bro couldn't let little sis eat something without him trying
it, too!)!

Oh, and speaking of that little sweetie, I should mention that after that
one brief 2-year-old morning, he's been back to being Mommy's little angel
ever since! Well, I guess we have had a couple of incidents where he
reeeeally wants to do things on his own... but for the most part I've given
in and let him take his time, and he's eventually able to do whatever it is
that he wanted to do. And the look on his face when he actually
accomplishes something new is priceless!! And he almost always says "Mommy
- Gabin DID IT!" Too adorable.