Sunday, October 26, 2008

Hooray for bye weeks!

I like watching the Vikings as much as the next girl, but it turns out I also love the bye weeks, so I have a husband to help out around the house all day! We got so much done today! It also helped that it's icky weather (snow - seriously, it's only October 26th?!?!), so we didn't want to leave the house... but here's all the stuff we've gotten checked off our (my) list so far today:
  1. Painted the newly remodeled bathroom. Well, at least got the first 2 coats on. I'm starting to regret my decision to not prime before changing a dark blue room light yellow. :(
  2. Got the crib taken out of Gavin's bedroom - woohoo for big kids in big boy beds! He literally never gave the crib a second glance after the first night in his new bed. AND (knock on wood), he's never attempted to climb out of bed on his own! What a great kid!
  3. Made the Tomato/Balsamic soup recipe that I've been wanting to try out.
  4. Caught up with some friends on Facebook.
  5. Put together the kids' Christmas lists.
  6. Did my marrow donor "cheek swab" - painless. Now I just have to remember to get it in the mail STAT. :)
  7. Also, got to watch Hallie entertain herself in front of the bathroom mirror that was propped on the floor - very adorable.

Hm, OK - maybe it doesn't seem like all that much when I write it out, but it has felt like a real productive day. And now I should get the little sweetie that's nodded off in my lap into her crib, so I can assess the painting situation.

Hooray for productive Sundays - and hubbies that aren't crabby about a Vikings' loss!!