Friday, March 13, 2009

Catching Up

Somehow I went the entire month of February and half of March without a single post. How did that happen? I apologize to all our loyal readers. ;) So, what have we been up to? Not much - which probably explains the lack of posts. :) Gavin is now 2 and a half, and as of today, Hallie is 11 months. I'm in the process of planning her 1st birthday party - unbelievable!

One of the highlights of February was my birthday - Eric planned a surprise for the whole family, and took us to the Grand Rios water park for an overnight! He found the one place in the Twin Cities that has a lazy river, since I talk about installing one in our yard all the time! It was wonderful. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if I had a margarita in my hand as I floated down the river.

As for the rest of the month, I'll let the pics tell the stories...

We went ice fishing on Big Carnelian with my whole fam (minus Marin, who was missed, of course!!). It was a cold, windy day, but we all stayed toasty in the comfort of Brian's ice houses. You'll notice that there aren't any pictures of fish here - simply because we didn't catch a single one! I forgot to tell everyone that the fishies on our lake prefer Doritos. Whoops - maybe next year.



Anna & Hallie - the most adorable ice fisherwomen ever!

Nana, Bumpa & Anna setting up shop:


Eric teaching Anna & Gavin how to reel in some lunkers:

Gavin - living the life:


Here are the little kiddos both decked out in their track suits. They can both run like the wind in these clothes.

I propped Hallie up against the wall, and she was able to stand/lean there for a good 5 minutes - I was amazed!!

She looks so proud of herself!

After a little while, big brother came over and said "I hold her hand so she no fall down." What an amazing kid! :)