Our little buddy turned ONE last Friday! Both Eric and I had the day off, so after a relaxing morning, we headed off to the State Fair. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time! Gavy wore the "Baby's 1st Birthday" crown that Auntie Sara, Anna and Mason bought him, so he got lots of birthday wishes from strangers! If we make a tradition of the birthday State Fair, I'm going to have to make sure he wears a birthday hat every year, because that was sure fun!
Here we're waiting for the bus at Rosedale - Gavy's first experience on a city bus! We found out too late that there isn't an express shuttle running between Rosedale and the Fair this year, but alas, it worked out just fine in the end!
Gavy liked being able to get up close to the cows and other animals! Eric and I decided it has been 20+ years since we'd been in all the animal barns... guess my excuse of "allergies" doesn't fly any more, now that I'm a Mom!! It turned out to be more fun than I remembered!! :)
"Pretty Ricky" - Minnesota's biggest boar. I'd be surprised if this guy could stand up at all, he was sooo big!! 

I decided Gavy needs this riding lawnmower, so he and Daddy can race in the backyard!

Mommy and Gavy enjoying Sweet Martha's cookies! We sure didn't eat enough fair food - only cookies & milk, a footlong hot dog (Eric) and pronto pup (me & Gavy). Guess that's another reason to go back next year!


First of many first birthday decorations!
Aunties Marin and Abby with the birthday boy!
Aunts and Uncles hanging out by the lake (at Nana & Bumpa's). We couldn't have had a more perfect day weather-wise for the Beach Party!
Gavy hanging out on the beach with Dad and Grandpa while Lexie & Josh did some fishing off the dock.
All the aunts, uncles and cousins in the same place - unheard of!
It's not a beach party without lots of leis! 
Here he's all stripped down and getting ready to dig into the cake!
Free cake from Byerly's - cute! 
And the beach ball cakes that I made for the kids
Gavy looooved when we sang "Happy Birthday" to him! He was all smiles and giggles!
He's starting to get into the cake...
We had to smash it up a little for him, since the frosting had hardened...
Can't be bothered for a photo op when there's cake to be eaten!

He's turning blue!

That's a BIG bite!
And DONE! Where's Tenny when I need someone to clean my face?!?! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment